Townsville Parkour & Free Running
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll
Latest topics
» Apleins Weir ( aitkenvale )
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:31 by Dixon

» hey guys just introducing myself
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyWed 15 Sep - 12:33 by cjm230

» My parkour crew ;)
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyWed 11 Aug - 13:57 by Joeythewallaby

» hey guys
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyFri 30 Jul - 13:53 by Carrotmonz0r

» Heya Malloc here.
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyFri 30 Jul - 13:52 by Carrotmonz0r

» Australian Parkour Association Classes.
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyThu 8 Jul - 7:53 by DaveK

» Parkour Classes - Free in Upper Ross.
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyMon 21 Jun - 2:04 by DaveK

» jam on the 29th of may
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyThu 13 May - 7:54 by Nuvarh

» Cairns
Parkour Camp!!??!! EmptyTue 20 Apr - 7:39 by Shadow

Gallery

Parkour Camp!!??!! Empty

Parkour Camp!!??!!

+2
Shadow
DaveK
6 posters

Go down

Parkour Camp!!??!! Empty Parkour Camp!!??!!

Post by DaveK Sun 21 Jun - 12:23

Ok, here's an idea, might sound a little far fetched but it's actually quite a possibility...

I'm really keen to apply for some funding to establish a Parkour Camp, a space fitted out with obstacles, ropes courses, forts, natural runs through forest/creeks etc as well as wood ovens and shelter structures. It would be a back to nature style camp for youth groups, schools, the Pk club, youth organisations... even corporate retreats...

I'm completely open for ideas/suggestions so hit me!
DaveK
DaveK
Parkour Development Officer
Parkour Development Officer

Back to top Go down

Parkour Camp!!??!! Empty Re: Parkour Camp!!??!!

Post by Shadow Thu 2 Jul - 1:47

Are you being serious !
That would be sooo cool to get a bunch of people together and head-out into nature for a few days. We can learn so much in the wilderness Wink

Places could practically be anywhere but Rollingstone, Paluma, Mt Elliot, Peenuts ect. all have Shelter, BBQ's, Crystal clear (freezing) water, Lots of natural urban environment that would seem to be 'grown' for parkour & heaps of other things for swimming, games, fires, story's, meditation, using our parkour ability's to chase wild turkeys lol

This could turn out to be a very good way of spreading the word of parkour throughout the local younger generation & even simply a fun get-away for youth/adults that want to try something new Wink

Really interested to see if/how this turns out so keep us posted dave Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Rev0luti0nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu 2 Jul - 2:06

Also we would have to sit down and have a fair talk about rules and 'stuff' like that as in having boys & girls area's/tents/cabin's.
( Also relationships within camp )

Since we will be dealing with a lot of younger people I think were going to have to put a fair few rules up for ourselves as in. . .

Smoking area's - I would suggest no smoking at all as it could encourage others, but some parents/traceurs/kids do smoke and telling them not to smoke for a few days wouldn't go over to well Razz
( maybe if they just go off into the bush or we make a Designated Smoking Area well away from the others? )

Swearing - Not to sure on your thoughts guys but if we will be having school kids/young kids we would have to try our best not to encourage the younger people ( some parents go right off about people swearing in front of there kids )

I'm sure you will have a fair few things already worked out regarding rules and stuff but i thought i would throw them 3 out Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Rev0luti0nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed 15 Jul - 16:45

well it depends on how many come.. if it ends up being focused on already existing traceurs, then most of the morth queensland crew know eachother anyway, so we wont have to worry too much about rules. but if this does evolve into another path to bring more people into this discipline then yeah definitely, we need to lay some ground rules.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Elite Modetator
Elite Modetator

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon Tue 1 Sep - 13:56

hey guys yeah this sounds really really intresting... but im sure i could prob get a couple guys that would like to come... not making promises tho... but yeah u guys should like make up some posters or something to take to schools or something and talk to schools cheers would be freaken awsome as!! and if its during school ill see if i can take off.... btw i think we shouldnt really... hve a smoking area... becouse the kids (the old me coming out Razz) will try to show off or something and could 'accidently' burn someone or something so... yeah... other then that the ropes and maby like logs cut in positions would be really awsome as..

i can try my best to get some money or maby funraise? its actually up to u guys so just putting idea's out there Very Happy the boys and girlz area mite be good aswell.... mite get some hanky panky Razz lolz... so yeah splitting them up mite be a good idea... swearing i dont kno... couse my school grade 8 and 7er's (13 and 14's i think Razz) allready kno how to swear.... trust me.... so yeah...
thats all i got to share atm Smile ill be trying to get the guys to come i dunno tho..
shannon
shannon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue 1 Sep - 15:43

I'm not sure if this needs to be turned into a excursion kind of camp with children and guardians. I thought of it more as a camping trip among colleagues, rather than a school trip. But i suppose if we do get many younger traceurs and schoolkids into this then there will have to be some rules. It would all depend on how many come. If the number of people does stay lower, say under 15ish... then it should be fine that we all know we come at our own risk, and it's not more than close friends going together for a learning experience.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Elite Modetator
Elite Modetator

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon Wed 2 Sep - 12:26

yeah i get what u mean but i got a couple guys that are intrested the youngest is 14 i think... so yeah... i didnt mean it as that tho i meant it as like year 10+ but yeah i understand what u mean.

i myself is 15 so yeah i get wht u mean by gaurdians and stuff..
shannon
shannon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tezza Thu 17 Dec - 12:53

This sounds like a really good idea, im probaly posting to late, but i think its a very good idea, will need medical kits tho, snakes and spiders Razz but other than that im looking forward to see what happens.

Tezza cheers
Tezza
Tezza
Urban Jumper
Urban Jumper

Back to top Go down

Post by assassinpat Fri 18 Dec - 10:19

we really need that shadow because we need the whole crew to geather and get to know each other and see what thier difficulties and strenghts are so we can practice

and we need a shirt logo ( image number 3 with your name on it)
assassinpat
assassinpat
Mini Traceur Team
Mini Traceur Team

https://www.youtube.com/user/assasinpat23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down