Townsville Parkour & Free Running
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll
Latest topics
» Apleins Weir ( aitkenvale )
Rules ! EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:31 by Dixon

» hey guys just introducing myself
Rules ! EmptyWed 15 Sep - 12:33 by cjm230

» My parkour crew ;)
Rules ! EmptyWed 11 Aug - 13:57 by Joeythewallaby

» hey guys
Rules ! EmptyFri 30 Jul - 13:53 by Carrotmonz0r

» Heya Malloc here.
Rules ! EmptyFri 30 Jul - 13:52 by Carrotmonz0r

» Australian Parkour Association Classes.
Rules ! EmptyThu 8 Jul - 7:53 by DaveK

» Parkour Classes - Free in Upper Ross.
Rules ! EmptyMon 21 Jun - 2:04 by DaveK

» jam on the 29th of may
Rules ! EmptyThu 13 May - 7:54 by Nuvarh

» Cairns
Rules ! EmptyTue 20 Apr - 7:39 by Shadow

Gallery

Rules ! Empty

Rules !

2 posters

Go down

Rules ! Empty Rules !

Post by Shadow Tue 4 Aug - 7:03

Townsville Parkour Guidelines !
Learn them, Practice them & Use them.

Why do we practice parkour?
Primarily we practice parkour for fun and the cultivation of our mind, body and soul. But we also practice to spread the awareness of Parkour and change the negative public perception about the art/sport in our country. Our intentions are not to hurt anyone or to damage any public/private properties. We respect everything and everyone. We are not here to break the law, we are here just to practice Parkour.

In addition, Parkour Townsville follows a strict code of conduct -

(1) Thou shalt respect the law.
We are not here to get into any trouble with the law or its representatives, so respect the laws of the land, stay within the law when practicing, and don't get into any trouble with the law/lawmakers. Because if you do so of your own making, and when you are the ones in fault, we won't bail you out of it.

(2) Thou shalt respect your surroundings, and property, private or public.
Do not damage anything. Parkour is about being in harmony with your surroundings, not damaging them. Merely saying 'I/We do not damage' over and over again does not mean you are not engaging in damaging behaviour. Observe, analyse, and then modify it accordingly, if found to be guilty. Introspect and make sure you accord the respect your surroundings deserve.

(3) Respect Your Limits:
Parkour is about pushing your limits, and making yourself stronger physically and mentally. There is nothing wrong with that, but do not continually throw yourself into vaults or jumps that you know will just keep ending up with you in pain or injury. If you are too tired or simply not strong enough, then take a break. If you think you can get it, work through it slowly and get your technique right. If not, leave it alone. No one wants to be calling the ambulance for somebody with a broken leg.

(4) Trespassing on private land.
Do Not trespass on private property as this is highly illegal.
If you find a good training spot that is in a private area please train at your own risk and not while at jams and such.

(5) Competition is good, but rivalry is bad.
A healthy competition prevents stagnation of self, and keeps you on your toes. It always makes you strive to better yourself. So we are not totally with the 'Pro Parkour Against Competition' philosophy. But we still believe that in reality, you're always competing against yourself, and not against anyone else. But this competition gets bad when it turns to rivalry, and this leads to degradation, so stay away from the pitfalls of both - no competition, and excessive competition/rivalry.

Also we have been trying to get a quick cleanup up the area before we start training. This makes the area ready for training, helps out with out own personal safety & just generally doing the right thing in the public's eyes.

Remember these few things when you practice & it'll make it so much easier for others involved.

If you have anything you would like to add just post here & they will be considered Smile

Last edited by Shadow ! on Fri 7 Aug - 5:53; edited 4 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/Rev0luti0nz

Back to top Go down

Rules ! Empty Re: Rules !

Post by Phoenix Tue 4 Aug - 13:35

Very nicely said. In light of recent events, this is probably a good idea. You mind putting a copy in the Jam's and Event's part of the forum so it can be seen more?

I'd like to add my own as well if thats alright.

Respect Your Limits:
Parkour is about pushing your limits, and making yourself stronger physically and mentally. There is nothing wrong with that, but do not continually throw yourself into vaults or jumps that you know will just keep ending up with you in pain or injury. If you are too tired or simply not strong enough, then take a break. If you think you can get it, work through it slowly and get your technique right. If not, leave it alone. No one wants to be calling the ambulance for somebody with a broken leg.

Feel free to reword it if you want Josh Smile
Phoenix
Phoenix
Elite Modetator
Elite Modetator

Back to top Go down